Today, Rich is profiling New Wave Esports Corp. (CSE:NWES), a brand new IPO in the esports and competitive gaming space. It’s so new, in fact, that it only began trading on the Canadian Securities Exchange earlier this week.
As Rich notes, both esports and the gaming industry are taking off and turning huge profits. There aren’t too many companies out there that operate like New Wave Esports. In fact, NWES is the first publicly traded esports acquisition and investment vehicle. This means investors have a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a burgeoning esports empire.
“I want to show you this company and break it down so you can have a better idea of who they are, where they’re trading, and what the future holds for this brand new IPO,” says Rich.
New Wave Esports is Not a Traditional Financial Group
New Wave provides capital and support services to esports organizations, teams, leagues, events, platforms, tools, and technology innovators. While it can help people invest in competitive gaming, and help gaming companies reach investors, it also wants to grow and shape the industry.
“Essentially what these guys do is they invest in esports business, similar to what Tencent did with Riot Games,” Rich explains. “And Tencent is a $40.00 stock, while New Wave Esports is at $0.11.”
Rich is referring to Tencent Holdings Ltd (OTCPK:TCTZF) (HKG: 0700), a multi-billion-dollar Chinese tech conglomerate. In 2011, Tencent paid $400 million for a 93 percent stake in League of Legends publisher Riot Games, and a few years later acquired the remaining 7%.
New Wave Esports is using the same business model as Tencent’s: find gaming companies that are poised for massive growth, acquire them, help them achieve that growth, and then profit. What makes NWES unique is that it specifically focuses on the competitive gaming industry.
New Wave’s Impressive Portfolio
Despite being such a recent IPO, the company is already providing guidance for a number of early and mature esports companies.
One such company is Tiidal Gaming, an esports and entertainment platform with a goal to own and operate businesses across the gaming ecosystem. Tiidal currently owns Lazarus Esports, Canada’s first esports brand, and space gaming.
Another company in the New Wave Esports portfolio is live event and content creation company Even Matchup Gaming. EMG produces original content to highlight compelling stories in the gaming industry. It provides the equipment and staffing needed to host gaming events and broadcasts many of those events to audiences around the world via Twitch and YouTube.
New Wave is also working with a host of other companies and is always on the lookout for the next big thing.
New Wave’s Structure and Price
When considering the company’s share structure and price, Rich has a bullish outlook for NWES.
“I mean, 35 million shares, trading at $0.11… could we see a 10x gaming stock here?”
Rich also notes that New Wave isn’t likely going to stay a “little known secret” for very long. With its IPO behind it and plans to launch Asian and European divisions on the horizon, investors are likely to see the unique opportunity that NWES provides.
What do you think? Does NWES seem like the right esports play? If you liked this article, be sure to check out Rich’s profile of a similar company, Victory Square Technologies (CSE:VST) (OTCQX:VSQTF).
Featured image: DepositPhotos © arcoss