Last December, Rich named Else Nutrition Holdings Inc. (TSXV:BABY) (OTCPK:BABYF) one of his top picks for 2020. The adolescent and adult food and nutrition company had already gained approximately 50% since Rich first covered them last October, so doubling down on them seemed like a sure thing.
Well, lo and behold, BABY has skyrocketed in 2020. The stock is up nearly 300% from its position at the start of the year, from $0.52 on January 1 to its current price of $2.00. About half of these gains occurred in the last two weeks, so let’s see what’s making BABY boogie, shall we?
“BABY’s been a huge winner for our community, and congratulations to everyone who’s taking advantage of it,” Rich says. “This is only the beginning.”
Else Nutrition’s Big News
One major development that pushed shares of BABY up is the announcement that its common shares were accepted for listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (FSE). Else Nutrition will begin trading under the symbol 0YL, which will likely increase trading liquidity. In addition, by listing on the FSE, Else will have a greater chance to attract investments from institutional and retail investors in Europe.
For anyone unaware, Else offers a 100% plant-based, non-soy alternative to dairy-based baby formula. Almond, buckwheat, and tapioca make up 92% of the formula, while the remaining 8% is made up of vitamins, minerals, and apple juice concentrate to provide sweetness. This means it’s completely free of GMOs, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, gluten, and phytoestrogens.
The company currently expects to launch its formula to the US by late July or early August. In advance of this launch, Else Nutrition executed its first paid test campaigns on social media platforms. These campaigns returned highly promising results, as the BABY brand was exposed to over 320,000 potential US customers.
BABY’s Performance and Future
As mentioned, BABY stock has seen significant gains in the last two weeks. While its average volume is usually between 200,000 and 300,000, on Wednesday, it saw more than 3 million shares traded. Also on that day, Else Nutrition shares hit an all-time high of $3.57.
While the stock has since returned to the $2.00 range, its forthcoming product launch represents the company’s biggest potential stock mover.
Keep watching RichTV for more updates about BABY, as well as other exciting stocks.
Featured image: DepositPhotos © Hasenonkel